[Sca-cooks] Lenten Question was: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 21,

patrick.levesque at elf.mcgill.ca patrick.levesque at elf.mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 9 08:13:27 PST 2005

Selon Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com>:

> No fish, either, Johann? Man, but that *would* be tough.
> This gets me wondering...which branches of Christianity do the whole
> vegan thing, and which include fish?

Stangely enough, a 17th century Romanian cookery book (which, from the title,
specifically includes recipes from Lenten and Meat days) has a huge section on
fish recipes, but very little strictly vegan ones. Romanians were (and mostly
still are) Orthodox christian.

My guess is they allowed fish during Lent - I could check my other sources when
I get back home to see if I can confirm this information.

Petru