[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Feb 9 22:51:01 PST 2005

Thanks for pointing out some interesting viewpoints to this! I'm afraid
most of the barony already thinks I'm somewhere between nuts and a
complete joke.  Our Spring Feast is the Saturday before Palm Sunday,
which I said meant I could eat meat that day, if I do this one-week
fasting thing, and boy did I get some strange looks! Our baron was
making jokes about "blessing" everything and turning it into fish, which
was kinda funny, but also definitely missing the point.  Couple of
people wondered why I was even bothering, since I (Sue) am not even
Christian.
And yes, I did mean the week prior to Easter.  My
not-enough-caffeine-yet oops.
--maire, who found a LOT of potential recipes in her cookbooks tonight,
but might break down and have sushi for one meal ;-P (eel, yummmmmmm!)

AEllin Olafs dotter wrote:

> One thing to be aware of is that, in some ways, it would be easier for
> us than for them - but in many ways it would be harder.
<snipped>