[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Feb 10 01:54:15 PST 2005

At 10:51 PM 2/9/2005, you wrote:
>Thanks for pointing out some interesting viewpoints to this! I'm afraid
>most of the barony already thinks I'm somewhere between nuts and a
>complete joke.  Our Spring Feast is the Saturday before Palm Sunday, which
>I said meant I could eat meat that day, if I do this one-week fasting
>thing, and boy did I get some strange looks! Our baron was making jokes
>about "blessing" everything and turning it into fish, which was kinda
>funny, but also definitely missing the point.

Yup. That sounds like an 'Unclear on the Concept' sign to me.

My daughter asked if I was going to hunt for beavers and barnacle geese.
That girl spent too much time reading my textbooks... and the answer was
no. And no rude noises from the peanut gallery- here in Oregon we've HEARD
ALL OF THE BEAVER JOKES ALREADY!

'Lainie