[Sca-cooks] My experience with the Savory Tosted Cheese Contest

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 08:23:57 PST 2005

>3) The winner for phylo and chutney was awarded "most
>original interpretation".

LoL! Sorry, I just got an image of seving spaghetti and
meatballs with grated parmesian cheese on top winning
"Most Original Interpretation".

I think that if they wanted to reward that then the
"Cheese/meat stew" that Pug submitted should have
won. He stuck with the original recipe and presented
a very interesting variant on it. But still staying within
the boundries of the original recipe.

At least that's what Sara told me.

Throwing in non-period ingredients and adding things
not mentioned in the recipe or in the cuisine of the
culture is not "an original interpetation". It may be
an "inspiration" but certainly not a redaction.

>If anybody wants to discuss this further with me,
>please contact me offlist.

But, to prevent me from sounding too stuffy, it sounds
like it was fun. Bryn Gwlad is famous for introducing the
notorious "Cheese Goo" to the kingdom.

>Kind Regards,
>Clara von Ulm

Gunthar