[Sca-cooks] Re: So you want to be a Medieval or Renaissance Cook?

smcclune at earthlink.net smcclune at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 08:44:01 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org
From: "Lonnie D. Harvel" <ldh at ece.gatech.edu>

Many of you on this list have sites up with recipes and pointers.
Perhaps you could remind us of those by emailing them to this list.
<<<

Mine (well, not just mine, but I'm the webminister) is The Stewpot, which is at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/stewpot

(yes, one of my goals for this year is to finally get around to buying a domain name for it!)

Keep in mind that one of my post-Estrella projects is to go through and do some major revisions to the recipe section -- I'm planning to create a "better re-creations" vs. "speculative re-creations" section, because in review, some of them are more accurate than others.  It will also help people learn the differences. :)

I'd also like to get more pictures up, so that people can see what the finished dishes look like.  Of course, that means remembering to take pictures of the finished foods when I (and others) make them.

I also need to add a link to Gwen-Cat's recent Crown Tournament feast.

And having seen that better glossaries are already out there, I'm planning to remove the one we never got around to really doing, and just point to the others instead.  (Why re-invent the wheel?)

However, I have just updated our bibliography section to include some new sources.  And while I encourage people to buy from independent booksellers whenever possible, I do have a page with links to those available at Amazon.  If nothing else, it's fun to go and browse there before buying from Devra! <grin>

Okay, I'll stop rambling now ... <wanders off muttering about sinus headache drugs>

Arwen
Outlands