[Sca-cooks] Okay Harlien MS 279 & Harl. MS 4016

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 12 01:34:54 PST 2005

   Cealian Of Moray asked:
> are these the only books with Pyes de Paris or Great Pyes , is there
> any
> other primary source work out there. Everywhere I have tried already,
> refers
> you directly back to them. Including mincemeat pies in new England. I
> am
> looking for slightly more documentation then I have been able to find
> so
> far. Unfortunately I can not get the  books themselves yet.
Yes, I believe there are a number of other sources, although I don't
know them off the top of my head. You might want to look through these
Florilegium files. Often the original recipes are given as well as
pointers to the original sources. Or are you specifically thinking of
one type of pie and not medieval pies in general?
pies-msg          (57K)  7/26/02    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit
pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pies-msg.html
tarts-msg        (102K)  5/21/04    Period small, open-topped, shallow
pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/tarts-msg.html
fruit-pies-msg    (45K)  1/ 5/01    Period fruit pies. Recipes. Baking
pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/fruit-pies-msg.html
fish-pies-msg     (11K)  5/ 3/01    Period fish pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-pies-msg.html
meat-pies-msg    (130K)  5/ 7/01    Period meat pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/meat-pies-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas