[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:45:00 PST 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:32:51 -0800, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:
> I've seen it too, and it does make some sense- the Romans weren't happy
> with the Christians because they departed from the cultural norms (greater
> autonomy for women, freeing slaves, refusing to participate in civic
> festivals that involved the Roman gods, etc).
>
> >There are a couple of books, one dealing with Jesus and the more recent
> >with Paul that present the evidence and the arguments.  I don't recall the
> >author or titles offhand, because it is not a specific interest of mine.
>
> I don't remember either. If/when I do, I'll post the bib.
>
> Lainie

Uhm, I think it is _The Hiram Key_  but that series of books details a lot
about the early Christian church and its connections to Freemasonry,
and then  _The Second Messiah_  deals with the connections of
the Masons to the Knights Templar.  There are two more books after that
that deal almost strictly with Masonic themes that are good reading as
well, but the names escape me.

The Hiram key depicts Saul/Paul as Roman cult fanboy who grabs
onto the rituals of the earloy Jerusalem church and then blows them
into the roman themed juggernaut that christianity is today.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson