[Sca-cooks] Okay Harlien MS 279 & Harl. MS 4016

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Feb 12 19:19:10 PST 2005

I remember reading, a couple of years ago, I guess, a fascinating
article in Petits Propos Culinaires about the origins of the huge,
multi-layered pie (I forget exactly when, or which issue... Johnnae? Can
you help us out with a pointer here?). Anyway, the article suggested the
origins of the dish could, originally, be Greek or Middle Eastern, if
I'm remembering it correctly.

> Adamantius

I suspect that the articles are those that appear in PPC 59 and 61 (1998
and 1999).
The Parmesan Pie by Anna Martellotti appeared in those issues in two parts.
She does tie it altogether from the Middle Eastern to Italian recipes
found in Libro
per cuoco.

Johnnae