[Sca-cooks] Re: recipes without honey

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 07:58:56 PST 2005

My particular solution:

A lot of historical recipes that include sugar are a bit over-sweet for
modern tastes.  For example "macrows" macaroni and cheese, which I
prefer as a savory.  My father and grandmother liked noodles and cottage
cheese with sugar on it, but that's their preference and not necessarily
anyone else's.  I frequently will serve the sugar on the side for the
diners to "strew thereon" to their own liking, thus solving the
diabetics' situation as well as everybody else's.

Selene