[Sca-cooks] Seeking More Recipes

Wildecelery at aol.com Wildecelery at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 10:24:35 PST 2005

So... as Ardenia is working along on the documentation thing...
(yes, Jadwiga, the sugar stuff is next on my list) She realizes that the packet she has from the cheesemaking class that she took 3 Pennsics ago (or more) has mysteriously or more logically diaappeared into the vortex that is the house.  Can anyone point me in a direction where I might a few period bag or soft cheese recipes/redactions?

What I have (hanging in my head after multiple tries) is:

1. Take milk (add cream if you wish)
2. Heat until hot/uncomfortable to the touch (to your finger) but not scalded
3. Add vinegar (amt depends on the amount of milk) until it begins to separate
4. pour through a straining cloth
5. Let hang to 'dry" until desired consistency is reached

Herbs/salt may be kneaded in after the drying process or stirred in during the draining process..i prefer the stirring, as it is easier.

Ideas?

-Ardenia