[Sca-cooks] extant medieval Saltcellars

julian wilson smnco37 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 00:55:08 PST 2005

Can any Lister point me to books or online pictures at websites which have clear illustrations of extant medieval Saltcellars in Museums or private Collections?
A friendly Master Pewterer has intimated that he will consider making one for our Companie's High Table, if he has some clear, graphic-reference sources to work from.

Yours in service,
Julian Wilson,
[aka. Messire Matthew Baker/Matthieu Besquer, Governor & Castellan of Jersey, 1486-1497: - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"]
late-medieval Re-enactor; & Historian and Master Artisan to
"The Companie of the Duke's Leopards",
[the only medieval living-history Group
in "olde" Jersey]