[Sca-cooks] Re:Sugar

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 06:05:08 PST 2005

more on sugar...

1. Can anyone give me a heating temperature for poured sugar?

2. Any opinions on using mini-muffin pans to make poured sugar"coins"

 So I started the crystal process today...we'll see....

I heated the ginger sugar to 225...and it started to harden before i
ven got the strings in, so I had to add water and try reheating it a
bit higher
  The rose sugar got up a bit higher(about 235) , and seemed to have a
better chance
The lavender sugar was in a metal pan, so ended up significantly
hotter...260ish... so we'll see what kind of action we have when I ge
home

One question: My house is about 60 degrees ...should  I putposely place
the solutions somewhere warmish?

I used the "culturing' suggestion to get it started a bit faster....

-Ardenia