[Sca-cooks] wine vinegar

patrick.levesque at elf.mcgill.ca patrick.levesque at elf.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 8 12:42:16 PST 2005

I vaguely recall a period or slightly OOP French source on making vinegar that
mentioned leaving a cask of vinegar near the fireplace, and gradually adding
leftover wine to replace vinegar used in cooking.

Which leaves me wondering whether they would have mixed both wines in the
vinegar cask?

I'll look it up once I'v recovered from this week-end's feast (and give you more
details about the feast as well!)

Petru