[Sca-cooks] Fish Sausage

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Mar 9 14:27:25 PST 2005

Also sprach James Prescott:
>At 15:08 -0400 2005-03-09, Micheal wrote:
>>  Greetings
>>   Here`s one for you I took a recipe out of Koge Boge  to make
>>small sausages page 37 recipe LXXXIIX . Now I can find  recipes
>>dealing in such sausage but very little else to use as
>>ducumentation . oing so but extremly little documentation for it.
>>Anyone have any ideas where to look?
>>  Da
>

>Not sure what you are asking for.
>
>Casteau's "Ouverture de Cuisine" (1604) has five recipes for making
>fish sausage, some of which include serving suggestions.  There are
>other recipes in Casteau which have sausages as ingredients, though
>none of them explicitly calls for one of the fish sausages.

There's also a recipe in one of the later English sources (John
Murrell?) for Ising puddings, which are (although the recipe doesn't
make it really clear) stuffed into the gut or air bladder of a
sturgeon. (Isings are sturgeons in Anglo-Saxon.) The filling involves
oatmeal and cream, as I recall...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782