[Sca-cooks] Re: Sugar

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 12:52:13 PST 2005

-
>So I started the crystal process today...we'll see....

The information that people had shared ranged from a suggeste temp of
215-234

> I heated the ginger sugar to 225...and it started to harden before I
> even got the strings in, so I had to add water and try reheating it a
> bit higher
>  The rose sugar got up a bit higher(about 235) , and seemed to have a
> better chance
> The lavender sugar was in a metal pan, so ended up significantly
> hotter...260ish... so we'll see what kind of action we have when I ge
> home
> One question: My house is about 60 degrees ...should  I putposely
> place the solutions somewhere warmish?
> I used the "culturing' suggestion to get it started a bit faster....
> -Ardenia

Don't be surprised if this sets up totally hard or crystallizes into
one
solid mass. Just
a warning.

Thank you for the warning.

I am prepared fro that partuicular eventuality...and may have to start
over again this evening!

It's part of the learning process!

-Ardenia

-