[Sca-cooks] New Topic: Ice Cream

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Fri Apr 6 10:23:28 PDT 2007

Having just absconded with one of several ice cream makers lurking in my
mother's basement, I'm now on the hunt for good recipes.

This is the kind of ice cream maker that has an inner shell filled with
liquid that you freeze and a hand crank beater.  The box says it has a 2
pint capacity.

I know there are two kinds of homemade ice cream bases - one with eggs and
one without.  Any suggestions as to the advantages and disadvantages of the
two?

Anybody have any particularly good recipes?  I'm particularly looking for an
almond ice cream - not one with big chunks of almond, but a good almond
flavor.

Thanks, and Happy <insert Springtime holiday of your choice here> Weekend!

 -Helena