[Sca-cooks] period baklava-like pastry was: Period Greek Recipes

Vitaliano Vincenzi vitaliano at shanelambert.com
Tue Apr 3 20:29:33 PDT 2007

Thank you for your suggestion. I actually considered baklava in the
beginning, but decided against it because it would be nearly impossible
to prepare it in the kitchen (if you can call it that) where I will
prepare feast. I have NO stove top, I have NO ovens, I have one sink
with only two wells. It's really tough to do much. What I do have is a
lot of outlets for roasters, and a 2 foot by 12 foot cinder block fire
pit that I can use. Too bad, I really like baklava, just won't happen
with this feast kitchen. :(

For the Spanish course, I am doing cheesecakes and sugar cookies (yes, I
have period recipes for both) that can be done ahead of time, as in the
day before, as they are both served cool. Makes day of a lot easier to
have stuff made a day or two ahead of time. :) I am sure the baklava
could be done ahead of time as well, so my plans still could change.
What the hell, I have 5 months before the feast yet. :)