[Sca-cooks] "Fabulous Feasts"

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 11:26:19 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/8/2007 12:13:07 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

Actually  the first half of "Fabulous Feasts", the section which talks
about  the history of various medieval foods and cooking isn't that
bad.  The problem is with the recipes in the second half, since many
aren't that good, and no original recipes or attributions are given.
So, it isn't a bad read, just don't use the second half of the book
as good examples of medieval recipes.

I was gifted with this book at 12th night some 15 years ago. The  person who
did the "deed" was convinced it was a wonderful source for me to  continue my
cooking education.  That said,  I agree with Stefan.   Although I did try St.
Johns Rice from the recipe section.  Once.   That volume "disappeared" from my
collection a few years ago.  So I had to  re buy it online.  Just to have it
and show my guild members how far we  have come.

Aldyth

If it is not  any fun, stop doing it. Find something that is fun, and start
doing it. Life is  too short not to have fun.