[Sca-cooks] Martino was Re: Happy about Scappi

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 21:47:47 PST 2009

I like it very much.  The new translation's editor, Prof. Luigi
Ballerini, lectured for the Culinary Historians of Southern Calfornia
when it came out and signed my copy.   When Renata and I told him about
actually using it as a cookbook and why, he wanted an invitation to a
feast.  We had better throw one some time soon!  He also went on about
peacocks served with the skin on but not in my kitchen bub.  1.
salmonella, 2. protected species in L.A. County.

Amazon lets you look inside:
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Cooking-Cookery-California-Studies/dp/0520232712

Selene