[Sca-cooks] dulse?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 12:44:54 PST 2009

Johnnae mentioned:

<<< Irish moss or Carragheen yes.
  Dulse no. >>>

Okay, I assume all of these are some sort of seaweed, but what is the
difference between  each of these?

Is "seaweed" the best general description of these? That is how I've
filed them in the Florilegium but if folks are more likely to look
under a different term I can change that.

<<< I did a cream once with the former. Taste was strange.
Authentic stuff, but hardly edible. >>>

Did/Do you have an actual period recipe? Or were you working from
general descriptions?  If a period recipe, what is it?

Thanks,
     Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas