[Sca-cooks] Feast nightmare

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 12 00:26:03 PST 2009

<<< We had 4 events canceled when Hurricane Ike came through the
Texas Gulf coast.  One of them was 3 weeks after the hurricane and
was canceled due to damage to the site.  However, the 2 events that
were canceled the weekend of the hurricane, were both large feasts.
One of the groups was just freezing everything to use in the spring.
The other group I'm not sure what they did.
Maria >>>

Yes. We had planned to go to the Laurel's Prize Tourney at the Shire
of Seawinds (Corpus Christi) but it got cancelled because of the
incoming hurricane. (hey, what's a little water...) So we decided to
go to another event that weekend, and that too got cancelled because
of the hurricane. Sometimes you can't win.

With the money troubles that this cancelled event probably caused
Seawinds we were trying to not schedule our Baronial Fall Event (and
our 30th Year Anniversary) on the same weekend as their next event,
since we are only a couple of hours from them. But the kingdom
calendar was tight this year especially with some re-alignment of
Crown Tournies and such and apparently political alliances between
various barons made a conflict with the other barony's event even
more of a problem. I guess you need to have your local baron and the
baronial guard at your own baronial event and not off fighting in
another barony...

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas