[Sca-cooks] Slimy was Re: Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 14:10:51 PDT 2010

Respected friends:
(Kiri said...much snippage)
Master A, it
does have
to do with the texture.  Most gelatinous foods I can
handle...though I
 early on developed a dislike for jello because I associate
it with
being sick.  One of the other foods whose texture is distressing to
me
 is souse...not sure what the world at large calls the stuff but it's
left-over
 pig parts in a vinegar-based gelatin environment.

With food, it
is a textural thing.  Slimy was the best word I could come up
with to
 describe it.
Kiri

I have exactly the same problem. The word I use is "slippery". The shortest way I've ever found to explain the problem is that I refuse to eat anything that runs away when I try to chew it...

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-

(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.

Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS