[Sca-cooks] Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Thu Apr 29 05:20:48 PDT 2010

> Hrothny,
> How about lobster?  Ya gotta try lobster!  It's the best!!!

I have, in the last 10  months or so, tried mussels (I'm not impressed - it
was rather like chewing garlic-flavoured pencil erasers), small shrimp &
large (Yum, for both), Chesapeake crab (more work than they're worth!),
Alaskan crab (MUCH better, thank you), and crabcakes, which were
disappointing but I've been assured that the quality is highly dependant on
the cook's skill and I need to try them again.

I plan on trying lobster soon. I'm not so sure about oysters - I think I'll
stick to trying those in gumbo, not ala carte. I don't really know what else
to go for. Seafood has been something I've ignored all my life.

Hrothny