[Sca-cooks] Another not-Mughal Indian recipe

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 15:09:27 PST 2010

I live in an area where there are absolutely no Indian markets at all...we
don't even have an Indian restaurant!  I've looked all over the web...just
tried again..but still cannot find either edible camphor or edible musk.  I
found lots of references to the camphor...even several recipes that call for
it, but no one online that sells it!

Sigh.

Kiri

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Robin Carroll-Mann
<rcarrollmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM, David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>
> wrote:
> > You get edible camphor by trying lots of Indian grocery stores until you
> > find one that carries it.
>
> Since there's no lack of those in my neighborhood, I'll have to take a
> look.  According to my copy of "The Indian Grocery Store Demystified",
> edible camphor is called karcha karpoor, and comes in small jars or
> boxes.  The author recommends the Swad brand.
>
> Brighid ni Chiarain

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince