[Sca-cooks] OT: Deep-Fried Beer

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 4 23:34:11 PDT 2010

Shoshana said:
<<< At Pennsic we do "fry day" which means one of our household of retched
excess decided he wanted to fry stuff a few years ago.  He now has 2 turkey
fryers and we have tried to fry anything and everything including
pixi-sticks and Swedish fish.  >>>

Are these "Swedish fish" a candy or something unusual, such as some sort of candy? Or just a type of regular fish? As in "fish and chips"?

<<< You name it we've probably done it.  My favorite is deep fried kielbasa. >>>

Does this really end up any different from just frying kielbasa in a skillet?

Or are you breading this items before frying them? My mother used to fry slice spam as well as breading it after slicing and then frying it.

As far as the original newspaper article goes, in my opinion, if you can manage to fry cheese and not make a mess, frying beer should be easy. Of course there is cheese meant to be fried. The stuff I tried it with, apparently wasn't this kind.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com