[Sca-cooks] Leftovers, questions and discussion [long]

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 19:45:48 PDT 2010

No.  I don't think that there is any real codification for this contest.  When I won the contest thirty-five years ago, the enterer got to choose the period recipe they liked, and write up documentation about it.  Now, for the past 10 years or so, it has become a contest where the previous winner picks a theme and extra points are given for being period.  One year the theme was chocolate ... This year's theme was to be persimmons, but I managed to talk them out of it because there are none on the market, since their season has not started yet.  I came up with the red and gold theme and someone asked to have a period and non-period section.

Huette