[Sca-cooks] persimmons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 7 20:51:27 PDT 2010

Huette commented:
<<< This year's theme was to be persimmons, but I managed to talk them out of it because there are none on the market, since their season has not started yet. >>>

I was about to exclaim something along the lines of "Who the #$$% would come up with *persimmons* as a surprise ingredient in such a contest! You probably can't even find a single period recipe, much less find some for food use! What a dumb idea!"

But, maybe I just ought to check something before I open my mouth...

persimmons-msg (15K) 11/27/09 Eating persimmons. Recipes. Where grown.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/persimmons-msg.html

Chagrined.

Stefan

Hope I can send this before my backup power goes...
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com