[Sca-cooks] serving fresh fruit (in Spain)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 7 18:01:09 PDT 2010

Sigh. Emilio, I'm not as literate as Suey, and especially not in Spanish.  Still, I'm interested in further proof of fresh fruit being eaten in period.

Could you at least please translate the Spanish quotes into English?

Thanks,
   Stefan
=========
<<< The only reference I have of serving fresh fruit
is from Gitlitz's Drizzle of Honey. >>>

Try Lobera de Avila, Luis: Vanquete de nobles Cavalleros, Augusta Vindelicorum
[1530]

http://nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:bvb:12-bsb00024390-2

E.g., in page/image 85 one reads that "membrillos ... despiertan el apetito
sobre comer" etc.

In the following chapter XXXV, image 86, one reads that "duraznos" are "mas apta
fruta para antes de comer".

Etc.

E.

--------