[Sca-cooks] persimmons

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 22:19:44 PDT 2010

  "Who the #$$% would come up with *persimmons*  as a surprise
ingredient in such a contest! You probably can't even find a single
period recipe, much less find some for food use! What a dumb idea!"

Well, it would make for quite a surprise! I used them in the first feast
I did, which included a number of selections from A Soup for the Qan.
Really, it only gives two bits of advice concerning this fruit:

Persimmons should not be eaten with crab.

Persimmons are sweetish in flavor, cooling, and lack poison. They cause
ear and nose ch'i to pass, and supplement for hsu-lao, bloody stool
insufficiency. They make the stomach ample.

Guillaume