[Sca-cooks] A horse for a peppercorn-Explanation of a Food Myth

Colin MacNachtan colin at mccr.org
Mon Sep 13 07:34:06 PDT 2010

On Monday, September 13, 2010, Jennifer Carlson wrote:
> In line with the legal tradition Cariadoc mentioned, I once wanted to give
> a used car in need of extensive repair to a friend who could do the
> necessary work, and my attorney father recommended I sell it for a dollar
> instead of making it an outright gift - something about making the title
> transfer less complicated.

That is indeed still true in Texas.  Just a few months ago I wanted to give my
camper I don't use to the friend who has been actually using and maintaining
it for the past few years.  When we went to do the transfer we were told it
would be long and complicated if it were a gift, but would be very simple if
it were a $1 sale.  We picked the $1 sale.

Colin MacNachtan
Ansteorra