[Sca-cooks] Organizing Miscellany Recipes

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Sep 27 11:53:12 PDT 2010

Perhaps because the Miscellany is often mentioned as THE source for
SCA versions of Islamic recipes you should lead with and feature those
recipes at the front.

Miscellany

Section I.  Islamic Dishes
  I: Meat with Sauce or Stew
  II: Fried
  III: with Legumes
  IV: with Grains, Bread, or Pasta
  V: Oven Dishes and Roasting
  VI: Relishes and Dips

Section 2. Chinese Dishes

Section 3. European Dishes
> I: Bread
> II: Vegetables
> III: Seafood
> IV: Soups
> V: Pasta, Rice, etc.
> VI: Poultry
> VII: Meat Dishes
> VIII: Meat, Cheese and Egg Pies
> VIIII: Desserts, Appetisers, Etc.
> IX:  Drinks
> X:  Sauces

Section 4. Miscellaneous

As long as you provide keyword indexing (maybe add a quick note as to
how that can be accomplished using "find" for instance) readers ought
to be able to browse sections and make their own comparisons.
And of course you can index the document under standard cookery
divisions by type of dish if you wish
(pies, drinks, vegetables, fruits, etc.) and by region, language or
country if that's available. Also even by source or manuscript. (Le
Menagier versions; FofC versions, etc.)

I hope this makes sense.

Johnnae