[Sca-cooks] food preservation in honey

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 18 00:34:03 PDT 2010

Back on August 31, Gunthar said:
<<< Another preservation method is to submerge meats in honey. >>>

I've heard of this before, but now I can't remember if I've ever seen any specific evidence for this being doing in our period of study. Especially for meat.

Can anyone think of specific directions or recipes to preserving items in honey, especially meats? It may be that I'm just having problems figure out how to search the Florilegium to see what I do have on honey preserved meats.

I do have this file in the Florilegium on fruits preserved in honey and sugar solution, so I guess other items are more what I'm curious about, although additional info on suckets might be of interest.
suckets-msg (7K) 4/ 1/02 Spices, fruit or fruit peel in a sugar syrup
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/suckets-msg.html

Are there recipes for preserving any vegetables in honey?

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com