[Sca-cooks] serving fresh fruit

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 3 21:21:23 PDT 2010

<<< If all else fails, it sounds like a potential issue for *The Compleat
Anachronist.*  I'm always looking for neat topics for publication!

Kiri (just as greedy as Devra, only looking for CA topics!) >>>

Ummm. I think you got some names mixed up here. Devra is the pretty, dark haired one with all the books to sell.

I'm the one with the large website, which because it is free, doesn't have the money to pay authors such as Eduardo. :-)

<<< I do NOT sign away rights to my papers. PPC, Oxford and other publications I have been published in do not require you to do so.

Eduardo >>>

However, Eduardo, I would love to publish your work if it works for you. I have no problem with such work being available elsewhere. For instance there have been works published in TI and in Compleat Anachronists that later showed up in the Florilegium and works that were first published in the Florilegium and then later in TI.

And I like to think that the Florilegium is a good way to get some input and review before something is "frozen" into a paper publication. My standard is that the copyright remains with the author and I will accept updates at any time.

Thank you for the clarification on these other publication's policies. I thought SCA publications were in a distinct minority in having such policies. But then I'm an engineer by training, not a writer or a publisher.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com