[Sca-cooks] Leftovers, questions and discussion [long]

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Sep 8 03:36:11 PDT 2010

I have no doubt they ate the remains of the previous meal (roast meats
sliced again
when they broke their fast) but at least in English these weren't
called left-overs until
the late 19th century.
One forgets that even in small households, there were servants to eat
the remains of the
meals when the dishes were brought back in from the family table.

Johnnae