[Sca-cooks] Cheddah an' onions

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Sun Apr 3 12:19:36 PDT 2011

Not really a *sandwich* as it lacks the second bread, but nevertheless  tasty!

Dark (Austrain) rye bread, buttered, then the thinly sliced (spring) scallions or shallots or sweet red onions, sometimes also thinly sliced bell peppers, then ham (salami, bacon) and then the cheese (mostly goat or sheep, but Iused also cheddar, brie, cammenbert,...), baked in the oven till the cheese melts (by then the onions are cooked if you have sliced them thinly enough)

A great way to make a warm dinner and get the stale bread, left over cold cuts and almost hard cheeses eaten;-)

Katharina