[Sca-cooks] Ashkenazic Passover recipes

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Apr 5 14:57:19 PDT 2011

Well, as you had said, you had thought you might have to adapt. I
thought you were were asking for period lamb recipes. I chose those
because the butter, which is the non-kosher element, was part of the
decoration, rather than of the essential recipe.

As far as the pancakes for covering, I suspect that once you mix them
up, they'll cook up very quickly- I can turn out 2-egg omelets every 2
minutes when I'm cranking, with a hot pan and carefully measured doses
of oil- or, quite possibly they could be pre-cooked, cooled and held
in the fridge, maybe seperated with sheets of paper for quick
application after the lamb is ready.