[Sca-cooks] the undead chicken and eggs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 6 23:29:11 PDT 2011

<<< The last time I had whole chicken served to my table, I pointed out the
problem to the cook (who is now our Baron).  He was attempting to present
the chicken sitting on a nest with eggs.  It was an interesting
presentation, but it would have been better done had the chicken been
prepared for disjointing.

Carving in the kitchen cuts waste, so I'm all in favor.

Bear >>>

How would you pre-carve a chicken yet be able to present it as a (whole) chicken sitting on a next of eggs? Do you pre-cut the chicken into separate pieces and then piece them together with wires or wooden sticks to create the looks of a complete chicken? Or are you talking about just partially cutting through the pieces so that they can be easily cut or torn apart?

Stefan
for some reason a roast chicken using medieval spices suddenly is sounding real good...

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com