[Sca-cooks] Fyne cake recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 11 01:24:09 PDT 2011

<<< Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:13:49 -0700

I just put a 15th century recipe for "fyne cake" up on the website.
From what I can tell, it's the earliest use of hartshorn as a leavening.
There are a few other oddities in the recipe though.

http://www.medievalcookery.com/poisson/fynecake.html

- Doc >>>

Doc!!! Pbbbbbt.

I will remember this.

I'm sure glad I finally went and looked at the URL before I added various messages to the actual hartshorn-msg (incipient) and the chocolate-msg Florilegium files. And while I still remembered which files I'd added these messages to.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com