[Sca-cooks] Fish Empanadas

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 11 23:55:46 PDT 2011

Ranvaig said:
<<< I've posted my first experiment with fish empanadas made with my
new taiyaki iron on my Live Journal here

http://j-i-m-r.livejournal.com/91794.html

This way you can see pictures of this excessively cute food :-) >>>

Oh neat! Now I want one of those molds/taiyaki, once I have a job! I like the fact that even if you over? brown them, it mostly just makes the details stand out more.

You said you got yours at "Japantown". Is that a local store or somewhere on the Internet? Or by that do you mean a part of town near you?

Since you pour in batter, add the filling and then pour in more batter, do you tend to have a lot of overflow which you need to break off after the fish have cooked?

I really like the article with it's photographs. I'm not that familiar with blogs. Is that link you gave likely to good for some years?  I'd like to have this available in the Florilegium, but if the link is going to not work after a while, it might be better to have an actual article and photos that I host on the Florilegium itself. This would also give you the chance to elaborate further or answer some of the questions that others have asked.

For the rest of you, who might want to look for something like this in the Florilegium, is it better to have just a link to somewhere in a blog? Or would your prefer to have me see if I can get specific articles and re-host them in the Florilegium? I, of course, will not do this unless it is okay with the original blogger. Since I usually add a note, when I know it, about where further work by an author can be found, perhaps this might help folks find them and not simply be ripping them off.

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com