[Sca-cooks] converting to gluten free

Holly Stockley hollyvandenberg at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:28:31 PDT 2011

I'd agree with Urtatim, you shouldn't really NEED xanthan or guar gum on this one.  But I'd probably use a little tapioca starch in place of the "sourdough".  You could add just a bit of yeast if you think it's necessary, though I'd think not.  The tapioca will give you a little bit of the "stick" necessary to hold it together.  ;-)
Femke (who is getting more familiar than she ever wanted to be with GF baking.  Upside - I make a mean GF pie crust)