[Sca-cooks] Documenting balsamic? & food & fertility in Renaissance Italy

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:10:45 PST 2011

Urrrrmmmmm....putting on my Compleat Anachronist hat...I know of a dandy
place to publish your work.  Send your outline/proposal to CAEditor at sca.org

Kiri (Or, as CA Editor, Elaine)

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Raphaella DiContini <raphaellad at yahoo.com>wrote:

> If Eduardo gets the barrels and lets me tag along to help I'm sure we'll be
> posting lots, and lots of pictures. :) The hardest part does currently seem
> be tracking down barrels in the correct sizes- and woods. Oak seems to be
> the
> most common with the others being much more rare.
>

> I'm currently in the process of writing up my first paper (of many
> hopefully)
> on all the information I've gathered about reproduction & medical theory in
> the
> Italian Renaissance (as well as putting together the Culinary Symposium in
> AnTir
> in April). I'm hoping to publish if I can so I'll have to check with my
> mentor
> and see if he feels it would be a good idea for me to release the paper on
> the
> Internet as well.  However, I'm always happy to share the resources I've
> tracked
> down and could organize my bibliography and pass that on to you when I have
> free moment. In my search I've found lots of terrific information on
> historical
> medical practices, midwifery, etc. but felt that not all of it was
> specifically
> applicable to the focus of my research, but they may be of great interest
> others. I've got reviews I've written up on some of the academic papers
> I've
> read for this, and I'd also be happy to pass on those reviews as well.
>

> In joyous service,
> Raffaella

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince