[Sca-cooks] Blutwurst. was horsemeat

V O voztemp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 17:42:16 PST 2011

My first job was in a german deli, as a young 16 yr old handling and
cutting/slicing the blutwurst, blood and tounge sausage was, well, just gross.
But by far the worst was slicing the beef tounge, bleach.........  Picking up,
handling and slicing that slimy thing was just totally ewwwww to me.

I still can't face any of those today.  When I was in Colonge for Faching at age
25, we were walking thru the streets and a very nice Lady offered us a tidbit
from a bag she was carrying and it turned out to be homemade blutwurst.  Even
then It was very hard to look at that and not gross out.

My Dad told us about his parents butchering a pig and using every bit of it, and
making the blutwurst.  All I can say is I am glad they stoped before I was old
enough to remember it.

I understand the nesessity of the times and hunger to utilise everything food
wise that you have avaliable, but I have to tell you that I am glad to not have
to go there today.

Mirianna