[Sca-cooks] Period Street Food

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon May 16 14:03:05 PDT 2011

A dip along with bread--Badinjan Muhassa, say--might work.

I like barmakiya for something to bring to an event, and I expect it
would work for your purpose, although you might want to make it as
lots of small units rather than the larger ones in our recipe. Not
sure if that counts as a "pastry/meat pie" or not.

Hais.

>Hello to the list!
>
>I was on a very, VERY long time ago and I thought I would come back
>and see if I can keep up.
>
>I wanted to get peoples' opinions as I am contemplating doing simple
>lunches at events for fundraisers, however I want to offer a) period
>food (not the sandwiches and chips that have been seen in the past
>few years and b) I'm looking for something different than a
>pastry/meat pie (forgive my spelling), meat on a stick, or sausages.
>Something cheap to make, tasty and unique within period that can be
>made either at a day event with no kitchen or with very little set
>up kitchen.
>
>Would love the final price point at $5-6 with costs in the $2 and below.
>
>Suggestions would be nice. Thank you.
>
>--Mercy
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>Please excuse any typos or odd autocorrection errors

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com