[Sca-cooks] SCA placenames

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 25 13:31:42 PDT 2011

<<< The Barony of An Dubheaigainn is Suffolk County, LI, NY. Rusted
Woodlands and Frosted Hills are also close neighbors.

> Regards,
> Brekke >>>

<<< My apprentice used to live in An Dubheaigainn says it is
pronounced, "Neitherdoowee".

Evidentally, once in a court the Herald got to the name and said, "I
don't know how to pronounce this."
to which the populace replied, "Neither do we!".

Gunthar >>>

Thank you! I've got the story in the Florilegium placenames files, but
without the actual SCA name. It was dismissed as an urban legend when
I couldn't point to the specific group and people couldn't find it.
Okay, "Neitherdoowee" isn't from the official name, but is a nickname.

Stefan
PS: And we wonder where some of the New World food names come from?
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com