[Sca-cooks] period tavern foods

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 01:20:44 PDT 2011

Gruel was eaten in taverns, roasted meat in all forms, broth with turnips
and cabbage, ale of course, sausages, pies, onions in all forms, carrots,
fish, boiled or roasted, bread, eggs. Chaucer or Rabelais or Bocaccio are
good sources for it.
Ana

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> Back on August 9, Gunthar said:
>
> <<< I also hope to have an A&S event loosely based around a period tavern
> where I can teach and make traditional pub type dishes.(The event will have
> everything geared toward a tavern or its environs. Brewers, bards, pottery
> makers, woodworkers, etc...even a rapier collegium. Then that night we all
> get together and put it all together to try to make a fun period tavern with
> altercations that are "taken outside". >>>
>
> An interesting event idea. It does sound like it would be easier to do at a
> smaller event than a big one. 300 people is a lot of people for one tavern
> and its environs.
>
> We have touched on similar topics several times before, but what would be
> considered period tavern foods?
>
> Stefan
>
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/**marksharris<http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris>

http://www.twitter.com/caravia15852
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci