[Sca-cooks] period tavern foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 4 22:17:02 PDT 2011

Back on August 9, Gunthar said:

<<< I also hope to have an A&S event loosely based around a period
tavern where I can teach and make traditional pub type dishes.(The
event will have everything geared toward a tavern or its environs.
Brewers, bards, pottery makers, woodworkers, etc...even a rapier
collegium. Then that night we all get together and put it all together
to try to make a fun period tavern with altercations that are "taken
outside". >>>

An interesting event idea. It does sound like it would be easier to do
at a smaller event than a big one. 300 people is a lot of people for
one tavern and its environs.

We have touched on similar topics several times before, but what would
be considered period tavern foods?

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com