[Sca-cooks] A FURTHER Update of "23 German Mushroom Recipes", 1350-1580

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 7 17:18:01 PDT 2011

Hi, all:

My apologies to people who see this more than once...

I have *yet again* updated "Twenty-Three German Mushroom Recipes", 1350-1580:
http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/misc/23GermanMushroomRecipes.html

When last i posted this... yesterday? only one mystery mushroom remained, Stockschwamm, used in Rumpolt, page R155a, recipes 198 & 199.

Well, because of that post i now have what is probably the modern German name and the botanical name(s) for this mushroom. Thanks to Mechtild Quattermart!

Here is a rather lovely photo of them i found:
http://classes.plantpath.wsu.edu/plp521/Kuehneromyces%20lignicola%20close%20up.JPG

I'm still not certain which mushroom is described as white and bitter in Rumpolt recipe #196, on the same page mentioned above. So if anyone has any ideas...

Yet more effusive thanks to all who have helped!
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita

Dar Anahita