[Sca-cooks] Seeking salmon recipe

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Thu Sep 22 12:38:39 PDT 2011

But, between Pacific salmon that we know on the US-Left-Coast, and the cool waters of New Zealand, there's a LOT of warm tropical water to get through...  so I wouldn't be surprised if there was never a natural spread south.

hmm, Google shows that settlers tried to introduce salmon and trout around the 1840's (Col. Cradock, & "acclimatization societies", like the introduction of the rabbit!!!), indications are that trout "took" but salmon didn't.

chimene in Oregon