[Sca-cooks] Britex?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 28 20:00:52 PDT 2011

Juana Isabella said:
<<< Bear, when you and Margaret do get to San Francisco, let me know
and I'll take you to the other fabric stores where you can also find
very good stuff at not nearly the extraordinary prices of Britex.>>>

What is "Britex"? Is it a fabric place with outlandishly high prices?
Or one with reasonably good prices for wonderful fabrics? A web search
doesn't seem to turn up anything.

<<< yess, there is some truth to the myth that my Laurel is for
shopping :-) >>>

Details? Is this because you tend to spend enormous sums of money
shopping? Or you find great stuff for low prices?

I do have a few Florilegium articles with help on seeking out SCA
bargains, but I'm always interested in hosting more such articles.

Thrifty-Anach-art (29K)  6/29/10  "The Thrifty Anachronist: The
Handbook" by
                                      Lady Mathilda Harper. Thrift
stores for
                                      inexpensive SCA clothing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Thrifty-Anach-art.html

SCA-Upcycling-art (16K)  6/ 3/10  "SCA Upcycling: Costuming on a Budget"
                                      by Lady Jeanne-Marie la Verriere.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/SCA-Upcycling-art.html

Stefan
--------