[Sca-cooks] Shopping in the SF Bay Area...

Glenn Gorsuch ggorsuch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:19:29 PDT 2011

(snip)
> What is "Britex"? Is it a fabric place with outlandishly high prices?  Or
> one with reasonably good prices for wonderful fabrics? A web search
> doesn't seem to turn up anything.

Stephan my dear, Britex is a store in San Francisco that is 4 stories of
wonderful fabrics and trms the like of which cannot be found in Oklahoma
and maybe not in Texas either.  They do sell by mail so try the yellow pages
for San Francisco, But
 nothing beats hands on when buying fabric.

Britex is...scary, if you're not a fabriholic, the way that her Grace, or my
wife, are.  Prices can be somewhat steep, but the selection is stunning.
Though I seem to recall 7 stories of fabric.  And yes, there are lots of
*other* nifty fabric stores in the Bay Area (like, oh, Lacis), and at least
as many mega-nifty food places.  For my birthday this year, my dear wife
accompanied me around SF, and Berkeley, and such places, hitting the
Berkeley Bowl, and Lhasa Karnak, and the Spanish Table, and Omnivore Books,
and the Ferry Building,...and...and...sorry, drooling.  'Cause weekend after
Crown, we're gonna take another long weekend to cruise the Bay...(happy
sigh)

Gwyn